Monday, August 10, 2009

Wishing for Weight

Today I found myself really wishing I had gotten heavier...fabric...after I made this:

because now I'm in a fight with this bag.

For the record, the House of Broadbent does not recommend using quilting weight fabric with this bag pattern. For the lining, sure, but not for the outside. I've sewed enough to have figured that out before I started, but I guess I was thinking that it would magically get sturdier when it was finished. And surprise! It didn't. Boo. So instead of a cute functional bag, I have a wussy shapeless pile of fabric with a limp noodle for a handle.

But hey! It has a magnetic snap. Super!




4 comments:

Ashley Schill said...

Your purse is way cute! Even if the fabric isn't sturdy enough! I love the fabrics you chose

Raphelle said...

I wouldn't want to turn back either, that fabric is too perfect. It looks great on the chair... maybe you should just leave it there for decoration.

Annlbtx said...

I know who you can give that purse to, if you don't want it. Little Charlotte in Dallas LOVES purses, although her dad thinks she has too many--can a girl have too many purses!
I love that purse. I may try making one of those with the left over fabric from my couch.

Nicole said...

I've been craving a cute bag...that is the perfect one for me. I have a lot of fat quarters I'm drooling over with nothing to use them for. Maybe I could use interfacing (or whatever it's called...) You're a gem.