ahhh...the fair. Several years ago it was the culminating event for months of mine and my sisters' 4-H projects in sewing, baking, cake decorating, and theater. I once submitted what I affectionately named "clown pajamas" which I meticulously stitched out of spare scraps of flannel. Another year I entered snickerdoodles, which I'll have you know, won a blue ribbon even though I was too young for such a prize. I was a big fan of 4-H and have fond memories of learning new skills with neighborhood kids from our talented parents.


Nowadays going to the fair means jewelry shopping (which was unproductive this year!), an excuse to wear cowboy boots, ogling at animals, and people watching. It had been a long time since I'd seen a crop top/tight wrangler combo. My favorite find this year was a demo of a mixing/chopping device that can be used without electricity. I'm kind of sad a little that I didn't buy one.

1 comments:
if you come to lubbock EVERYONE wears cowboy boots. but i dont. im too cool for that
Post a Comment