Monday, March 28, 2011

Around DC in 26.2 Miles

We flew to Washington DC this weekend where Steve and all three of his brothers competed in the National Marathon on Saturday. 
It was a beautiful--but very chilly--Spring day in our nation's capital.
     


Our runners were all smiles at the halfway point...for the camera anyway.
Loved the top quote here: "In our minds, you're all Kenyans."



Here's my man on the home stretch of the race.  No more smiles.  Not even for the camera. I don't blame him a bit.   
He made it!  Clark and I are very proud of Steve for finishing his second marathon in just over 4½ hours. All the boys ran hard and finished strong. What an amazing accomplishment! 

Clark was a trooper as we waited and watched for hours in the cold.

Clark and I are so glad we got to go cheer on Steve and his brothers in the race, spend time with family, and enjoy a beautiful part of the country. I love DC in springtime, can you tell?
p.s. Don't think we didn't rent a Crown Victoria to drive all over town in style...because oh yes, we did.

1 comments:

Pete said...

Nice photos!