One of my all-time favorite photographers--Brooke of Blush Photography--is offering the chance to win a seat at her With Rapture workshop in April. I started following her 4 years ago when she took some headshots for a musician friend of mine. She is amazingly talented and her work is stunning, beautiful, and addictive. Attending her workshop would be a dream come true for me.
To enter the contest, I had to blog my favorite photo. Asking me to choose a favorite anything is like asking me to run a mile under 4 minutes--it's nearly impossible. However, I narrowed it down to a few choices and very nearly posted one from a session I shot for someone recently because I liked its artistic quality. But then...I kept coming back to shots of my son. For me, those evoke the most emotion because I'm a proud MWAC (mom with a camera). I especially love this photo because he's wearing an outfit that my mom dressed my brother in as a baby and saved all these years so I could love it too. I can also see patches of ezcema and little scratches on his skin that were ever present in the early days of dealing with his food allergies. We've come a long way since then.
I hope to win the chance at the workshop so I can learn not just how to snap a photo but how to capture special, beautiful moments in others' lives that will be cherished like I cherish this image and this boy:

3 comments:
you will win...you always do...
Very cool. I hope you get it!
Oh my gosh, Kalina - this photo just demands that you stop and stare. I love the jumper, colors and the look on your sweet boys face. Well done and good luck!
Post a Comment