I try to learn a new skill or hobby every year. Last year it was knitting. This year, I decided to delve deeper into graphic design using Adobe Illustrator. So this month I'm taking Illustrator 101 online through nicolesclasses.com. Our first assignment was to create a typographic poster. The first idea that popped into my head was a 5-generation genealogy chart. I've been dying to make one ever since I first ran across mytreeandme.com via a Martha Stewart magazine years ago. I love the mix of modern art and genealogy and it was interesting to research all the names using the new.familysearch.org.
9 years ago

3 comments:
LOVE it!!!! You needo open an Etsy store!
I'm on the I Pad...should be 'need to' :-)
I love it! That is really beautiful...and I admire that you have a goal to learn something new every year. I see a Harry in your genealogy too :)
Post a Comment