Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Pah-Ful Gardener

Clark has reached the phase where he wants to do everything himself. He's still a very good little helper and I try to find him little tasks he can do all by himself. One of them is watering our garden. The tomatoes he helped me plant back in February burned up in early July so I transplanted our withered herbs into the vacated pots. I love watching Clark take the pitcher of water to each plant, while repeating "pah-ful" (how he says careful), then carefully pouring it onto each plant. 
He doesn't usually dump the whole thing onto one plant, but he likes to distribute it among all the pots each time. Even the empty one. 
Sometimes he has to stop to wave to a dog or feel the breeze, which is fine too. Once he's done he throws pebbles and/or fists full of watered soil from our balcony onto the driveway . All part of a job well done. 
I sure love this age. Can he stay this way forever?

1 comments:

Raphelle said...

"Pah-ful" - so cute! I also love that you have a water source right on your balcony! Smart design.