Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Clothes

Now that the holidays have ended I am pulling out the sewing patterns I bought on Black Friday. First one to make it onto the cutting table was this Submarine Pullover by ShwinDesigns. Clark could use a couple more long-sleeved shirts since it seems like we're having an exceptionally cold (for Houston) winter. Herringbone flannel made this one nice and cozy. 
All the while I was making the shirt Steve kept asking me if it was a jacket. No, it wasn't, but it gave me an idea. So I got my Southwestern on and made a jackety/sweatshirt version. It's funky, but Clark could not be convinced to take it off all day. He paired it with green pants and rain boots. I'm glad he likes it!

2 comments:

Christianne said...

great work. These shirt/jacket are so cute. I will have to check out that site.

Annlbtx said...

So great when your child will actually WEAR what you have spent your valuable time and effort to make!!! I like both of the shirts or jackets, but the southwestern one really has a lot of personality. Clark is such a good model for you. Great job!!