Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Quilt for Lana

Last week I finished a quilt for Lana that has been in the works for over a year! I designed it based off an Amy Butler fabric I was going to use in her crib bedding but changed my mind. Steve's mom helped me prepare all the shapes for applique using the freezer paper and basting method then I appliqued them all on using a blind hem stitch on my machine. When I finished the quilt top I got intimidated by the quilting part and I debated sending it off to a quilter for months, then finally one day last fall I decided to do it myself. I wanted it echo quilted but didn't quite know how to do it. I tried it first with pen and paper then sat down at my machine and figured it out as I went. It took hours but I love how it turned out. Then it sat for a few more months as we moved and got settled. Last week I finally got the binding done so now Lana has a crib blanket. 
I think she likes it!

5 comments:

Aubrey Harris said...

Wow!! So amazingly gorgeous! I can't even imagine how you quilted that! You are so, so talented!

McKell&Janeene said...

That is ultra cute! I caught up a bit on your blog today. Cute kids. Cute, well, everything! We need to catch up. :)

Annlbtx said...

The quilt turned out so beautifully!! It is a real piece of art! I am glad that you quilted it yourself. I am glad that I was a very small part of it!

Megan Smith said...

Amazing!! So cute. I think we have the same crib. :)

Jana said...

Wow! This is so awesome.