I pinned this ivory dress I LOVED on Pinterest awhile back and scoured the internet for a dress pattern I could modify to make my own version. A few months later, Willow & Co. released the Fawn Lily Dress and it was exactly what I was looking for! I already had all the supplies on hand so I got to work modifying the pattern to what I wanted.
I'm not a fan of modifying patterns since I'd much rather just follow a pattern and not have to think, but I'm learning to like it. For this dress, I moved the buttons from the front bodice to the back, added a bow, redrafted the skirt to have 5 1" pleats instead of 3 larger ones, and lined the whole dress. I made the dress out of a fine wale corduroy. I love how it turned out, though I wish the cap sleeves were a little more sleeve-like. I suppose they are small since I made the size 6 month size (based on her torso size) and 2T length. I should've traced the 2T sleeve as well. oh well...next time...
9 years ago



2 comments:
You are so talented Kalina!! I look the dress and also Clark's t-shirt. Those are two very very cute models you have there!!
Opps, That is supposed to say I LIKE the dress! sorry about that.
Post a Comment