This past weekend was the infamous Art Car Parade in downtown Houston. Having never seen a display of these mobile masterpieces, I walked down to Discovery Green Park to check out the cars up close at the preview party.
As I walked around inspecting the work of each car crafter I couldn't help but remember the days that my parents were in charge of building a stake float. Of course it wasn't your normal float--it was an extravaganza that took many hours to build. It was so rewarding, though, to share the massive work of art with so many people. I quietly laughed to myself at the car show this weekend when I saw so many kids trying to touch the art cars, and so many artists trying to prevent their intentions...and I was glad not to be one with "fingerprint anxiety."
To see my recap of the Art Car Preview Party click here.
1 comments:
You are so good with those pictures!
Post a Comment