Saturday, May 30, 2009

Green Fingers

Steve and I spent the morning planting our garden. In what yard, you ask? Our balcony will have to suffice for now since we ruled out the idea of renting a plot of land from our neighbors with the rooster. We bought all the supplies for our container garden (as you can see, Steve was a little generous on the soil estimates) and once home realized we have no gardening tools, no gloves, just hands and maybe a couple things borrowed from the kitchen--I look forward to our next few meals being organically flavored, p.s.

At the present, our garden consists of a couple tomato plants and 6 different herbs, with plans to expand in the near future. Steve has been a diligent farmer and I caught him outside checking on the "garden" probably about six times today. We're pretty excited about our little plants! However, we'll have to wait to find out just how green our thumbs are.

1 comments:

Steve said...

Look how big those are!