Last September my family visited the Land of Enchantment, also known as New Mexico. We could hardly leave such a magical place without bargaining for some glamour of our own in the form of souvenirs.
Karlee, me, Kara, Mom, Tiffany
As much as I would love to say this is the one souvenir left out of the picture, or that I bought it after the picture was taken...unfortunately (or fortunately for Southwestern enthusiasts) this charming little denim bag has been mine for years, hence the 90's throwback look.

I know I've made some bad purchases in my day, but I can claim this one as a gift I received perhaps for one of my single-digit birthdays, long before I had use for a purse.
As it sits in my Things to Donate bag, along with other similar treasures, I can't help but ask myself, "What was I thinking with?!", "Why did I buy that in the first place?" or "Why have I been hanging onto that for so long?" It's always the same, whether they be items I originally purchased from the thrift store, are way out of style, or are relics representing antiquated years of my life (e.g. southwestern denim bag never used in public). I seem to have a knack for hanging onto the sickest clothes for the longest time--I could probably dedicate an entire blog to just that--so I thought someone might get a kick out of my latest donation delight.
2 comments:
When my sister visited me in 1992, she was aghast that I still had the white cable knit pullover sweater that I had had in high school!! It was at least 25 years old. That was the last time I let her go through MY closet.
Aww.... I remember that good old western bag. It used to hang in the closet for many year. It made me laugh thinking about you holding on to it, even after going through our stuff plenty of times and giving stuff to the d.i.
Post a Comment