Until this week, I've always perceived that "trotting" is somewhat of a jazzed up leisurely stroll. When my husband signed me up for the Houston Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving I heard the word trot and immediately associated it with leisure. A luxurious 10k course of leisure. No problem! A few weeks before the race I logged a 10k to make sure I could still go the distance...and called it good. End of training program. Steve was more diligent in his preparation, which makes sense to me now after having endured the most brutal 59 minutes of "trotting"--aka "going at a quick, steady pace"--I've ever done. Steve finished in 50 minutes and two days after the race glides smoothly, alongside his hobbling wife.
Us, pre-pain:
Somewhere after mile 6... and finally the end!
Thanks to Steve's dad for cheering us on!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Nice job. Running on Thanksgiving is a great tradition.
Sorry we couldn't be there to cheer ya'all. The weather looks beautiful.
Post a Comment