Sunday, March 14, 2010

Old San Antone

Steve took me on a surprise trip to San Antonio this weekend.  We got there Friday night and shared a Mexican dinner on the riverwalk.  The next day we rode the river taxi around to see the sights and scout out some famous breakfast tacos.  As it turned out, there was a huge St. Patrick's Day celebration going on all day in the city so we probably looked foreign in our greenless wardrobe. 


We toured the Alamo in the afternoon and had alternating Irish and Mexican tunes in our head all day, thanks to the St. Patrick's fiesta.  The weather was perfect--Spring's finally here--and it was such a fun alternative to Saturday chores!


Steve is so good at planning vacations for us--we always have a great time!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sooo fun! It helped me warm up just looking at you in short sleeves. What a great trip...

McKell&Janeene said...

So fun! I am looking forward to Spring coming to Utah... soon I hope.

Jen said...

Very fun. I remember what it was like to do stuff like this without kids. I like your new header too. If you want to take those border lines off, let me know and I can tell you how.

Raphelle said...

I'm not envisioning the Irish/Mexican themes blending well... weird.

I always think of Miss Congeniality when I hear about San Antonio. Despite that, I want to go there someday. Lucky!