Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Big Bag Lady

I finished my first bag using the homespun pattern I created last week.  For the next one I promised I won't use JoAnn clearance fabric...though this is pretty decent compared to some stuff haunting my sewing closet.  Steve has seen enough "I bought this because it was cheap" (aka UGLY) fabric that he's advised me to stay away from that section of the store entirely.
      

I would like to point out that this picture was intended to act as a 2-for-1 for any curious readers.  If any of you are like me, you like to see at least one picture of your distant friends "with child."  That said, it's not that I've been avoiding taking "belly shots"...it's just that I usually don't stumble across occasions to photograph my midriff.  I know--weird. 

5 comments:

Susan said...

I like the fabric - don't think it looks discounted. I also like your belly. Have random strangers started to touch/rub your midriff yet? So awkward.

gregandlaura said...

LOVE IT!! I seriously think I am going to try and re-create that right now!!! I love how nice and thick the strap is! Did you interface it at all? SO cute!! And congrats on the baby - we had no idea, were so bad at keeping up on blogs!

kalina said...

I interfaced only the top band. I used seriously thick fabric for the lining (like duckcloth) so I didn't need to add any more body. I lined the strap with the same stuff so it was nice and thick.

ebudd said...

Oh, you're so cute. You're probably the cutest pregger in Texas. I'll agree with Susan that it's fabulously awkward when people just feel like they have free reign to rub the belly.

Nicole said...

I love the fabric. But about that fabric that is haunting the sewing closet - give it to charity. I just helped my mom clean out her sewing closet and there was stuff she got at your age that she just kept holding onto even though it was ugly. Uck!
But back to the bag, and the belly, both are glamorous. Let me know when you have a pattern ready. I need one!