Saturday, July 5, 2014

Our First Texas Fourth

This is the tenth summer I've spent in Texas and this was the first year I've been here on the 4th of July. We had a low key holiday that started off with a family run, then swimming in the community pool, a family picture on the porch, and a BBQ with Mark and Amy. Following the BBQ a storm rolled in and brought plenty of lightning, wind, and rain. The excitement at home kicked up a notch when the power flickered on and off multiple times. We went to the church for root beer floats, despite the weather, and the rain slowed down just enough for us to enjoy the neighborhood fireworks show from the comforts of our hot and humid car. 

One of the funniest parts of my day was when I was telling Clark the story of why we celebrate Independence Day. When I got to the part about the colonists not wanting to be governed by the king of England he told me, "He was a good king, just a little bit because he told everyone to repent." 

1 comments:

Karlee Bateman said...

Super pretty picture sister. Lana and her "cheese" face