Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Cards 2014

 As per our annual tradition we took our Christmas card photo on Thanksgiving with a couple of Steve's siblings. These beautiful red doors--that I've always had in mind for a family photo--are very near my in-laws' house and since we had Thanksgiving there this year it was a no-brainer for our photo location! My sister-in-law snapped this one of us. She got everyone to look AND smile!
I decided to try my hand at addressing all the cards in calligraphy this year on black envelopes I purchased separately. I had most of the cards addressed after four evenings of watching Hallmark Christmas specials. But...I waited and waited for my cards to arrive but they got lost in the mail so the company sent me a new order of cards which didn't arrive until Dec. 19th. Luckily, the envelopes were all ready to go! I also hand-calligraphed our address and had a local company in Houston make me a rubber stamp. The white ink didn't make as crisp of an impression on the black paper as I had hoped but now I know!
As fate would have it the original order of cards arrived on Dec. 24th. Merry Christmas Eve to me!

0 comments: