Friday, April 17, 2009

Early Bird Specials

We love sushi! Or sush, for short. Many of the Japanese restaurants here offer happy hour sushi deals...not that I'm promoting the practice of seeking out deep discounts on raw fish, but well, let's just say that patrons are happier with their bill during happy hour than during other times of the day. We haven't been out for sushi for a while, so this week's date included one such happy hour.



As we sat there we reminisced about the time we invited some friends out for a triple date sushi happy hour...on a Saturday...at 5:30 pm. Way too early for a Saturday dining out experience but Steve was determined to introduce our crowd to the happy hour way of life. As we discovered, not everyone has the same level of enthusiasm for on-sale sushi when one of our friends duly noted: "This is pretty early to be going out to dinner. I feel like we're senior citizens wanting to catch an early bird special."

5 comments:

Christina said...

we always used to do that (are you surprised?)

Melissa said...

Nothing wrong with getting a good deal! We love sushi too. We'll have to come early bird with you the next time we're in town. Congrats again.

Justin and Melissa Tullis

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Aaron and I always go out to eat early. In Provo it was essential to beat the crowds and the forever long waits. Here in Arizona we do it because the later it gets, the whinier our kid gets at the restaurant. Why do we ever take him out??

Pete said...

We first found early bird specials when we honeymooned in Hawaii and never really got over the jet lag so we were always eating early. Not a big fan of sushi though.

Cheruby said...

I think I can relate to this blog.=-0 And just FYI... I am easily becoming a fan of YOUR blog. We really do all need to go out again soon.